Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I have become increasingly fascinated/obsessed with GDR, communism, and general East Germany while living here.
Today, I read about this new hostel-a bit contrived, but I fell for it anyway. Click on "zimmer" (room) on the little wizard guy then on the pictures to see more. It's great.
I'm not kidding or doing this on purpose but this entry was sparked by the fact that I have Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others) playing on my computer but behind this browser, so I can just hear it, and then in this window, opened in tabs I have a wikipedia page article about Karl Marx, a GDR image search, and Ostel...

Melissa, you would love Karl Marx, just look at his sexy black mustache in contrast to that white hair.

2 comments:

melissa said...

i don't know why anyone wouldn't love karl marx (ignoring all that antisemitic stuff.)

melissa said...

ps, i don't think i've ever seen a bigger dreamboat: http://www.malaspina.com/jpg/marx.jpg